Winter really is the best time for this: a time to slow down, rest and review. A time to take stock of where you are, where you want to be and find the best ways to nurture yourself so that you are ready for whatever is next in your life.
It truly is, therefore, a time to ‘take heart’: that is, think deeply about what you really want in order to create the best version of yourself that you can be – both for yourself and for everyone around you. It is important to note here that in order to be of value to others around you, you must first have something in yourself to give. Winter is the ideal season to dedicate your attention to your needs, in order to ensure you aren’t ‘running on empty’.
Let’s take a look at a program you can use, incorporating remedies from the Australian Bush Flower Essences range, to help you to take stock of your life and nurture yourself this Winter.
- Slow-down: You need to be well-rested if you want to have enough energy to create your new life. Black-Eyed Susan is a good remedy to ensure you slow down and invest your time more selectively in your daily tasks, thereby creating enough time left over for you to think about what it is you want in your life next.
- Attitude: Do you wake up each morning anticipating the wonderful things the day will bring, or do you dread even getting out of bed at all? Sunshine Wattle and Kapok Bush are both remedies that can help you to remain optimistic about your future and also hopeful that your efforts will be rewarded in the way you desire.
Responsibility: Do you take responsibility for everything that you have previously created in your life? In order to be able to create something new, you need to ensure you are taking full responsibility for your past decisions and actions which have led you to where you are now. Southern Cross is the remedy to help you realise that you are not the victim of circumstance, but rather the recipient of your own creations (whether your creations were deliberately constructed or only created by you while on ‘auto-pilot’).
Step 2: Preparing Your ‘Soil’ (How do you ‘wipe the slate clean’?)
In order to create your new life (or at least improve your old one) you need all your available energy to be invested in your present, rather than tied up in your past events, jobs and relationships. Consider the following Australian Bush Flower Essences to help you with some of the aspects you should take into account in this step:
- Forgiveness: You need as much energy as you can to create a new life and one of the best ways to free-up wasted energy is to let go of past hurts and grudges (this can be especially difficult when you are not even aware that you still have a grudge against a person). Picture the well-used analogy of a beach ball you are trying to hold under water: the amount of energy required to hold it under water is immense, and regardless how hard you try, it has to surface eventually, usually ‘popping up’ when you aren’t prepared for it. Dagger Hakea is the essence for releasing this imprisoned energy back into your present, and undertaking some simple forgiveness processes (such as writing a pretend letter to a person you cannot talk to and then destroying it to help clear your feelings) while taking this essence will multiply its ‘freeing’ effects.
- Completion: Another area of your life that can ‘steal’ a lot of your energy is unfinished business: anything you have left undone such as incomplete projects, people you made undelivered promises to and odd jobs lying half-finished around the house. Jacaranda can be a helpful remedy here to keep you focused on completing one thing at a time and putting your ‘all’ into each task. But if procrastination is your vice, then Sundew may be a better choice to ensure you will actually face up to whatever you need to do and complete it.
- Shedding: Cleansing and shedding are both really important to prepare you for your next step (a really good time for this is in Spring, which we will discuss more in a future post). The best essence to assist with cleansing yourself (both your physical body and your house!) is Bottlebrush. Again, the amount of energy you lose by living in a cluttered environment is immense, and this remedy will impact you by giving you back your space and giving you the energy to create your new life.
- Opening your heart: If you have allowed your life to ‘coast’ for some time, then you probably are only living your life from your mind, with little or no input from your heart. In order to really ‘feel’ what it is you have processed to date, and how you feel about where you are now, you really need to open your heart to be aware of new possibilities and what it is you really desire. There are a few remedies which are wonderful for this: Bluebell, Pink Flannel Flower and also Waratah.
Step 3: Working out ‘Your Plan’ (Where do you want to be?)
The next step is to work out your plan: what you need to do in order to create your present, and indeed your new future. Some essences that can be considered here are:
- Goal-setting: In order to work out what it is you want, your intuition is the most important and reliable tool you have (kind of like your own built-in GPS unit, except that many people do not have the instruction manual to use it!). Bush Fuchsia can help you to get in touch with your intuition and enable you to work out what it is you need to be doing, without relying on others to instruct and guide you along the way.
- Feeling stuck: If you do know where it is you want to be, but are not sure how you are going to get there, or how you are going to get out of wherever you are in order to move on, then Red Grevillea is a good remedy to help you clear your path and get ‘unstuck’ and on your way.
- Direction: You may, however, be clueless about where you want to go next or you may want to find your ‘life-path’, in which case Silver Princess is a beautiful remedy to show you where you need to go next and how you can head in that direction.
Step 4: Following through (How do you get started?)
And now to the tricky part: getting started. This last selection of essences can really ensure you get going and stay on track:
- Commitment: In order to bring your new life into existence, you need to commit to the plan you just created in Step 3, and carry out any action now needed to fulfil your goals. Wedding Bush is a great remedy to ensure that you remember your commitment to yourself, and therefore why you set the new goals in the first place. Knowing this will ensure you stay committed to the actions you need to complete.
- Manifesting: Another important process towards successfully creating your new life is for you to envision your goals as already completed, and Boronia is a great essence for really enhancing your ability to visualise. Another very helpful flower essence at this step is Christmas Bell which helps you to see that what you are creating already exists and is waiting for you to take it, plus has the added bonus of helping you to value what you already have.
- Action: Any good plan has tasks which need to be completed and
due dates that you need to complete these tasks by. Sundew is helpful here for staying focused and avoiding the ‘procrastination trap’ and Jacaranda, again, can help you to ensure you are only completing one step at a time, with your mind solely focused on each task rather than thinking about what is next. Isopogon, too, is a helpful remedy to help you remember why it is you implemented your new plan, which will ensure you don’t fall back into old habits that did not serve you well.
While the above program may seem like it is a lengthy process, all the steps really are necessary in order to create and implement lasting changes in your life. The beauty of this program, though, is that the Australian Bush Flower Essences through their simplicity provide an easier gateway into developing and administering your new life – now.
Until next time, be well!
Clare ~ Baliena Flower Therapies
© 2009 Clare Chapman T/As Baliena Flower Therapies, All Rights Reserved
I would love for you to leave your comments below about this post & if you would like me to cover any particular topics or questions in future, just send your request through via my website.